And we are off........
It was a small but dedicated bunch (Jackie, Valerie, Naomi and Vanessa) that gathered to chat about books on a humid but stormy night in the burbs. Tired of hearing about others and their book club exploits, I decided to create a clique of likeminded booklovers to indulge my passion for words and sharing of ideas beyond my beloved "First Tuesday Book Club".
I wondered whether others would share my geekish delight in robust discussion about all things books, and I was happily surprised that others were as interested, if not more to spend the evening chatting about the merit of various authors, reading habits, ebooks, preferred genre and propensity or not for book snobbery.
It was a small but dedicated bunch (Jackie, Valerie, Naomi and Vanessa) that gathered to chat about books on a humid but stormy night in the burbs. Tired of hearing about others and their book club exploits, I decided to create a clique of likeminded booklovers to indulge my passion for words and sharing of ideas beyond my beloved "First Tuesday Book Club".
I wondered whether others would share my geekish delight in robust discussion about all things books, and I was happily surprised that others were as interested, if not more to spend the evening chatting about the merit of various authors, reading habits, ebooks, preferred genre and propensity or not for book snobbery.
There was healthy discussion on a number of books, and both 'Shantaram' (Gregory David Roberts) and 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' (Lionel Shriver) engendered a healthy and lengthy discussion. 'Kevin' must be prime book chat fodder as there is many a blog dedicated to the subject. Check this one out http://weneedtotalkaboutkevin.wordpress.com/
Naming the group was a minor impediment, but we quickly settled on 'We need to talk about books' (preferred to 'Booksluts') and agreed that another gathering for chat, wine and nibbles was a good idea!



No comments:
Post a Comment